Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Christmas Tree Story







I have wanted a Christmas tree since Halloween. I love Christmas and last year we had a tiny tree, it was maybe a foot tall. That was the only decoration we had because we were going home for Christmas. This year I decided that it would be different, even we are still going home for Christmas I wanted to decorate. Our budget is kind of tight so I went to the Dollar Tree and actually found some cute things to decorate out little Apartment. But I still didn't have a Christmas tree. Then on Thursday when Kamas came home form work he asked if I still wanted a tree, and I said I did. Then he asked how bad I wanted one, because I would have to be on base at 6 am. Every year Fedex and other sponsers give out free Christmas trees to the troops. So Friday morning I wake up at 5 and drive to base and stand in line, not for a tree but for a ticket for a tree. I then had to go back to base at 10 to pick up my tree. When I got there about 9:30 there we at least 200 people there. They had activities for kids and give aways and booths set up. I felt kind of awkward because I was there by myself. Finally the trees arrive about a half hour late. We then had to stand in line while the trees were unloaded. There were about 1000 trees to unload. Luckily I was number 40 so I didn't have to wait forever. When it was my turn I handed over my ticket and picked out a tree. So now we have our tree and I love it.

2 comments:

Emily and Casey said...

Your Christmas tree is cute. We want to see pictures of the rest of your decorations.

Em, Mom and Fifi

Casey wanted his name to be on here too.

Brook Wms said...

Horray!!!!!!looks great!! see you in a couple weeks- it'll definately be worth it to have the tree up though!! (nice sweats) :)
love ya