Sunday, April 18, 2010

Baby things

There are a few things that have been on my mind latley. They all basicaly have to do with the baby growing inside of me (weird)


  • Sometimes i think that i am still only 18 and that it weird for me to be pregnant. Then i remember that I am 22 and I have been married for 2 and a half years.
  • being pregnant makes me forget things, a lot. This sucks because Kamas can't remember things either. It is amazing that things get done around here at all.
  • I am addicted to Food Network. I watch it a lot ( i won't tell you how many hours cuz that would be embarassing)
  • I should stop watching it because it makes me crave the food they show.
  • Sometimes i have to remind Kam that I am pregnant and that in september the baby will be here for the rest of our lives. example: The Marine Corps Ball is held every year in November. It is manditory for Kam to go. There is a chance that this year it will be in Vegas. At first Kam thinks this is a great idea, then i remind him that we will have a 2 month old baby. Obviously Kam cant miss the ball, so he is thinking to himself that he will just have to go and leave me home with baby. I, however, corrected him and told him baby and i will be going Vegas (or where ever the ball is going to be). I am more than happy to chill in a hotel room with baby while he goes to the ball. Then he has a great idea that we could fly a family member to where ever the ball is and they can watch baby while we go to the ball. We are problem solvers. I will let you know how this turns out but you will have to wait till November.
  • Zulu knows that there is something different because when ever i sit down she has to be right by me or on my lap. Someone is going to have a hard time adjusting to baby.
  • I have to soak in the tub daily because baby makes my back ache constantly. Kam makes fun of me because i will soak in the tub for a while then get out and get in the shower. Taking baths creep me out because you can't get clean while sitting in dirty butt water. I learned that from my dad when i was little. As a result I have not taken a bath since i was about 9.
  • We bought diapers at walmart the other day. Kam thought it was weird.
  • I have a limited amount of shirts that i can wear because all of my "normal" shirts look like i bought a size too small. Not a good look.
  • I am sooo sick of flinstone vitamins. I take those instead of regular pre-natal vitamins. Don't worry I have had 3 doctors and 3 nurses tell me that they are just fine to take as pre-natal vitamins. (my mom, however, remains to be convinced)
  • I have a body pillow to sleep with but sometimes at night Kam will steal it from me.
  • Not looking forward to being pregnant all summer long in the desert. it is already about 80 here. Awesome for me.
  • I have found out that i cannot eat at taco time or taco bell because i will immediatly throw up after. this makes me sad because i love soft bean burritos. Also chocolate doughnuts and velveeta for dinner not a good idea.

That pretty much emptied my mind of pregnant things. School is going good. Kam likes his new job because he is outside alot and doing manly things with tools and stuff. ( this shows you how much i know about his new job. I do ask questions but sometimes when he explains things to me it just sounds like gobbly gook) He had a hallilujah moment one day because he has not had to touch a computer for work since he got here. Now i am going to go to bed and hopefuly tomorrow I can remember to take the trash cans to the curb so the garbage man can empty them.

*disclaimer* I don't pay much attention to spelling or correct grammer when blogging. Just be happy i blogged.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I can agree on a lot of these things. It's funny how you think, "oh this fall I want to do this and this and this" then you realize that you'll have another human being to factor in and it throws your whole plans out the window! I also take baths and then get in the shower. It's the greatest system ever! :)

Hailey Sweeten said...

Just so you know me and Challis would be happy to come to Vegas with you guys and would even tend little Reel while you two go to the ball. You will be required to forfeit all your gambling winnings to us though, of course...