Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What I've learned in 8 months

Dixon will be 8 months old in 5 days! That is crazy to me. The days seem to take F-o-r-e-v-e-r but the weeks go by so fast. I though I would share some things that I have learned in the past 8 months. Granted it not a lot because D in my first baby and I've only been doing this for 8 months.


  • Nap time is sacred. I did not fully understand that until D came along and now I count down the hours till it is nap time :)

  • Take all the advice you get with a grain of salt. I still have a hard time with this one because I live with my parents right now and they obviously know more about babies than me (they had 4). But I also need to remember that I am a good mom and its OK for me to do things my way

  • Having D on a schedule saves my sanity. But it is also OK to brake the schedule sometimes.

  • Its OK to ask for help and its OK to ask someone to watch D for a while. I have a hard time with that. I think it is because Kamas is gone and I feel like I have something to prove ( I don't)

  • My right arm is waaay stronger than my left arm because I almost always carry D with my right arm.

  • Its OK to let your baby play by themselves sometimes. I sometimes suffer from mommy guilt that I am not entertaining him every waking moment.

  • Don't let people pressure you into doing something you don't want to do. i.e. feed your baby ice cream and then have the night from h*ll because he won't sleep and screams all night.

  • wearing high heels to church is almost always a bad idea.

1 comment:

Breanna said...

You have much knowledge, Yoda. You are a great mom!

I miss you! I WILL call you one of these days.